AVOCADO OMELET WITH HERBS
“This is a classic omelet that I spruced up by adding yummy herb spices as well as avocado, lamb’s salad, and cream. This way you can turn your everyday omelet into a quick culinary treat. What is specially wonderful about this recipe is that it only requires 10 minutes (or less!) of preparation time to create a veritably yummy and filling meal.
You will need (for 1 portion)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp of cream with herbs (a low-calorie cream can also be used)
- 1 handfull of washed lamb’s salad
- ½ of an avocado
- 1 tbsp of mixed herbs & spices (like Basil Olive from KARL KONRAD’S Kindeskinder *)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp of rapeseed oil
- the juice of half a lemon
- Crack your eggs, drop the egg whites and yolks into a single bowl and scramble the raw eggs with a whisk. Add some herbs & spices as well as a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the rapeseed oil on a hot skillet and pour in the whisked raw eggs. After about a minute place a lid on your pan and allow the eggs to solidify slightly for 2-4 minutes. After that, carefully flip your omelet and allow it to cook evenly on both sides.
- In the meantime, peel and cut your avocado into strips.
- Plate your omelet as soon as it has sufficiently risen and acquired a golden-brown sheen.
- Garnish the top of your omelet with the lamb’s salad, avocado, and cream then squirt half a lemon over the finished dish.
I used the Karl Konrads Kindeskinder * seasoning mixes for this recipe. Their products are made without artificial additives or flavor enhancers, which is a definite plus. And their colorful package design is pure eye candy, wouldn’t you agree? I was given the chance to test these products at my own discretion (i.e. no strings attached) and I found the seasoning mixes to be quite delicious and versatile since they’d work really well with a large variety of dishes. With these seasoning mixes you’ll definitely be well-prepared for anything that life throws your way. .”